Wednesday, August 18, 2010

The evening of the surgery.

Drive home
When we got to the hotel, I was exhausted, sore and emotionally spent.  I was so relieved that my brother, Joe made the trip, as I was able to make a run to the grocery store, and just take a mini break.  To our surprise our hotel surprised us with flowers and balloons...thank you Hotel Keen! Anise was out of it but she certainly acknowledged with a smile.  Anise has been sleeping for the most part, she has not eaten all day so I am going to wake her up to eat.  She got up and nibbled on my cheese puffs and oatmeal. She has not gone to the bathroom all day which are the effects of the anesthesia.  It has been an emotional day and I am spent, and I am trying to rest with her, but it's hard to.  A few hours after arriving at the hotel we recieved an Edible Arranagement from our friends Brandon and Marci Lang. It was also greatly appreciated as fruit was exactly what Anise wanted. Thank you Marci and Brandon!  She woke up again and was asking for ice cream. She wants ice cream we will go get ice cream.  She ate it all, and was happy but loopy. 

All went well to get to bed, she watched Tinkerbell and fell asleep.  We talked to daddy and Sofia tonight, they are getting ready to travel to Sacramento to see Aunt Rosie and Uncle Leonard, and we will meet there. While I was on the phone with Patrick we wanted to make sure that Sofía could take a look at some pictures of Anise as she was having a hard time without her sister. As she saw some pictures of Anise after her surgery, the questions began, "Why does Anise have purple bandages on her head, why is she wearing PJ's?"  Sofia is lost without Anise. We can't wait to see them in Sacramento! 
Not even a lollipop makes her happy.

Just laying in bed, not wanting to do anything


Anise curled up in a ball

1 comment:

  1. I'm so glad all went as planned. Enjoy your snuggle time with your baby. She will need it :)
    -Erin

    ReplyDelete