Thursday, August 19, 2010

Anise happy to have bandages off: Before/After

Anise before bandages were taken off--Note: Happy

Anise is waiting for Dr. Roberson to take bandages off, she really wanted the headband as she called it to be taken off. We opted to go in and have the bandages removed by the doctor versus us taking them off at the hotel.  To be honest, I wasn't sure if my stomach could handle the unknown (of what was under the bandages....and I am glad I opted to go in for the doctors to do it! She was really excited. Probably the most excitement she had shown since the surgery.  Dr. Roberson and his medical assistants came in and really made it exciting for her.  Praising Anise on what a good patient she was, and as you can see in the picture above, she was bribed with a plethora of Tinkerbell and Princess stickers...always work...wink...wink.

Well, the happiness only lasted for a few minutes...as they were taking off the bandages, a little piece got stuck on her skin graft, and then (prepare your stomach) the blood came, and Anise when bazurk! She was wailing for about 15 minutes, and until then I had to hold her tight and my heart was aching for her!  At this point she became so paranoid for anyone touch her ear.  I politely asked everyone to leave as I felt that their presence was making her more upset.  Everyone left, and I tried to do what the doctor instructed me to do, which was put a bandage over the skin graft area on the back of her head.  After another 15 minutes, Anise finally let me do it, and it didn't come easy.  Up until now, this was most exhausting--emotionally...being able to explain to your 3 year old daughter that you will not do anything to hurt her...yet you have chosen surgery for her, and are putting her through this (again this is guilt part of me...I know it's for her own good).

Anise after bandages were taken off--Note: Angry

No comments:

Post a Comment