Saturday, August 14, 2010

Couple of days before surgery/ Solo faltan días

I can't believe that in less than 48 hours we will be hopping on a plane flying to San Jose, CA.  This is what we have been waiting since Anise's birth, right?  Why do all of sudden, I have these knots in my stomach. Anxiety. Fear. Happiness. Faith. So many feelings happening all at once, but the one thing I know is that we are going to the best doctor, and I know that we made the right choice for Anise.

Today Patrick explained to Anise and Sofía, in kid terms what was going to happen in the next couple of days. Anise you will be traveling with Mommy to get your ear fixed, so that you can hear better.  Anise says, "Daddy, I am going to be a good girl, and I am not going to cry, but will I get a Pet Shop?" Daddy says, "Yep, we'll see!"  Anise says "Yay, but Daddy, am I going to get a shot?"  Daddy says, "Yeah, probably, but you won't feel a thing, sweetie."  Hearing them have a conversation of what was going to happen brought tears to my eyes...my brave little girl. I have to remind myself that we are making the best decision for her. Anise, sweetie, someday you will understand and agree that you were a brave little girl.

Sofía on the other hand was questioning why she wouldn't be traveling with Mommy and Anise. Sofía says "Daddy, can I get a toy, too?" Daddy says, "Yeah, we'll see!" Sofía does not understand what is going on, all she cares about is the fact that Anise is getting a Pet Shop, and she isn't.  Sofía's innocence is so pure and the love that she has for Anise is immense...she is definately a mama bear to Anise.

1 comment:

  1. I am sending warm, comforting, positive, healthy thoughts your way. All will go well with her surgery I just know it. Take care of her and TAKE CARE OF YOURSELF. XOXOXOXOX for both you girls. MM

    ReplyDelete